Skip to main content

Shahida Kola, Founder of 121 Tuition

“I am 34 years old, born in the UK, mother of 4 beautiful children and I run a successful tuition company (121 Tuition). From a young age I have always wanted to work with children; this passion grew stronger as I got older. I studied hard whilst taking care of my 4 young children.
In 2008, after completing my studies, I knew it would be a while before I would apply for a teaching job in a school, so I decided that whilst my children were still young, I could offer private tuition.
I designed some leaflets myself,  which were very basic as I did not have much to put into the business at that time. Within the first week of posting the leaflets around the area I was overwhelmed with the number of calls I received. The intention of teaching a few students actually turned out to be the initial number of 59 students. I worked from a large room in my home,, which I converted into a classroom. I continued at my home for a year and employed my first member of staff.

121 Tuition had more students joining, which resulted in a need for the move to a business premises. I rented out a room with over 100 students that had signed up for tuition. Over the years we have grown into a very successful business. We now have over 150 students that attend our tuition centre and 20 tutors. We are running our very successful tuition centre and have now launched Online tuition. We have students who are being home-schooled and are achieving grades above what is expected of them.
I want to help children realise their full potential and build their confidence, so that they can go out into the world and be the best they possibly can . The best feeling is when the students have moved up in school or come back to show me their amazing grades.”

Shahida Kola, 121 Tuition founder.



“34 yaşındayım, 4 çocuk annesiyim. İngiltere'de doğdum. 121 Tuition isminde bir eğitim platformu işletiyorum.
Küçüklüğümden beri hep çocuklarla çalışmak istedim. Bu istek ben büyüdükçe arttı ve çocuklarımla ilgilenirken aynı zamanda bunun için çalıştım.
2008'de eğitimimi tamamladığımda bir okulda öğretmenliğe başlayabilmemin hemen gerçekleşmeyeceğini biliyordum. Çocuklarım hala küçükken özel ders vermeye karar verdim.
Kendi ilanımı tasarladım. Oldukça basit bir ilandı ama o kadarını yapabildim. İlanları yapıştırdığım ilk hafta aldığım aramalardan yorgun düşecek hale geldim. Sadece birkaç öğrenciye eğitim verme girişimim 59 öğrencilik bir olaya dönüştü. Evimdeki büyük bir odayı sınıfa çevirdim. Bir yıl kadar evde devam ettikten sonra ilk çalışanımı işe alacak hale geldim.

121 Tuition'ın öğrenci sayısı arttıkça daha büyük bir yere ihtiyaç duymaya başladık. 100'den fazla öğrencimin sığabileceği bir yer kiraladım. Yıllar geçtikçe daha da başarılı olduk. Şu an 150'den fazla öğrencimiz 20 öğretmenimiz var. Ayrıca online kursumuz da var. Evde eğitim gören ve beklenenin üzerinde performans gösteren öğrencilerimize yönelik. Çocuklara potansiyellerini fark etmelerinde ve özgüvenlerini geliştirmelerinde yardım etmek istiyorum. Böylece kendilerinin olabilecekleri en iyi versiyonu olabilirler.
Çocukların okuldaki başarılarının artmasından ve bana notlarını göstermek için gelmelerinden mutluluk duyuyorum.”

Shahida Kola, 121 Tuition'ın kurucusu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suna Tufan, Founder of Sahhane Restaurants

“I was born in Konya, Turkey in 1976. I studied Business and Theology at university. After graduation, I worked in different companies, both Turkish and international. When I had my children I stopped working and I devoted myself to raising them. In 2007, I started my first business, Şahhane Restaurant in Ankara. One of the biggest motives behind starting the restaurant is the fact that I wanted a non-alcoholic place for conservative people where they could have a good time with their family accompanied with live music. I personally thought there was a need for such a place, after a while we had to change our concept since the demand was low. Now we're serving in a hall where people hold ceremonies like weddings and graduations. After becoming successful, we opened another branch again in Ankara. In addition to my restaurants, I'm also managing a gas station which was left to me from my dad. I wasn't wearing the hijab before 2007, that’s the same year I turned back t

Sümeyra Teymur, Founder of QRAS

“My name is Sümeyra Teymur. I graduated from Ankara University with a degree in Theology. I then did my masters at Marmara University and my PhD at İstanbul University. When I finished with school, I continued working in the digital publishing sector, where I was working at, part-time, as a student. I worked in different positions on Haberler.com. Now, I'm the CEO. I also started a textile brand called QRAS. We produce dresses for women who love social life and take an active role in it. We're selling in both domestic and international markets. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always had something to do, I keep myself busy. I love working and constantly improving myself. I’ve attended various seminars and conferences in different countries. The reason I tell you this, is because my entrepreneurship journey began while I was doing all these things. Learning, seeing, and improving myself. I’ve been working in the digital publishing sector for 12 years now. You have to know a

Rümeysa Memiş, Founder of Rehrev

"My name is Rümeysa. I majored in Industrial Design and I’m now doing my Masters in History of Art. I was an exchange student in South Korea and this opportunity, strangely enough, got me interested in Turkish arts and crafts. I started to think about designs based around the Turkish culture. I felt as though there was an absence of cultural topics in my design education, this was what led me to design stuff at home. I fell in love with Turkish embroidery and saw the richness of our culture. That’s how I created Rehrev. I took an embroidery course over a year. I did as much research as I could to come up with different designs. I then applied to an institution for entrepreneurs, and presented my business idea, fortunately I got accepted. After that I started to produce my hand bands. My studio is still new and I've a lot more to learn. Since I work alone, I'm having a hard time taking care of every aspect of my business. I believe in my initiative and know that every