Skip to main content

Zeynep Tunç, Founder of Minminik Dükkan

“My name is Zeynep Tunç. I'm a mother of a 4 year old daughter and she really is a big part of my success. I’ve been making hair accessories for babies, children and grown-ups since 2017. I actually started in 2011 with my interest in ribbon embroidery. I made my first hair accessory that year. I made some pieces for my niece while I was still working in my sales and marketing job at that time. When I got pregnant, I decided to take a break from work and I made hair accessories for orpan children.

After I had my daughter I started to make hair accessories for each outfit. I watched tutorials in a language I didn't know and learned it by trial and error.
After a while, my accessories started to get attention, people were interested. In 2017 I opened my "Minminik Dükkan" Instagram page. All those photography classes finally came in use. The toughest part of this job was the fact that I didn't have a budget to start with.

I was purchasing materials, turning them into accessories, selling them and again purchasing the materials with all the money I earned. In time I started to profit. Last year I opened my first stand in Bursa and I got enormous attention. I wish I knew more about ready-made clothing when I started this job. I'm working on a kids clothing brand right now that will be launced very soon. My advice to those who want to do their own business, don't step back even if no one supports you, just keep going. Make your first goal to prove yourself not earning money. I had many sleepless days when I worked just by myself at the start but all was worth it. Till now I’m over the moon when I receive a message from a satisfied customer. Trust is priceless.”

-Zeynep Tunç, Founder of Minminik Dükkan.



“Adım Zeynep Tunç. 4 yaşında bir kız annesiyim. İşimi buralara kadar getirebilmiş olmamın en büyük parçasıdır kızım. Ekim 2017 tarihinde başlayan bebek, çocuk ve yetişkinlere özel ürettiğim saç aksesuarları işimin aslı 2011'de kurdele nakışına sardığım merakla ortaya çıktı. Kurdele nakışını çok sevmiş, ilk kez o zaman bir taç toka hazırlamıştım. Daha sonra kız yeğenime aksesuarlar yapmış, asıl mesleğim olan satış-pazarlama departmanındaki görevime devam etmiştim. Evlat sahibi olacağımı öğrenince çalışma hayatıma ara verdim. Hamilelik dönemimde yetimler yararına toka standı hazırladık. 

Sonra bir kızım olacağını öğrendim. Bir kadın kızı olacağını öğrenir de kızına ve kendisine toka yapmaz olur mu?:) Alınan her kıyafete uygun toka yapar oldum. Hiç bilmediğim bir dilde videolar izleyerek, deneyerek öğrendim. Olmadı tekrar, olmadı tekrar...
Tokalar kızımın başında görenlerin ilgisini çekmeye başladı. Sosyal medyada böyle bir pazar varken ciddi bir iş olarak düşünmeye başlamıştım. Fakat kızım henüz çok küçüktü. Bir süre sadece yakın çevreme yapmayı tercih ettim. 2017 Ekim ayında "Minminik Dükkan" sayfamı açtım.

Fotoğraf eğitimleri almış olmamın ve satış-pazarlama biriminde çalışmamın faydalarını gördüm.
İlk başladığımda beni en zorlayan sıfır sermayeyle girişmiş olmamdı. Biraz malzeme alıyor; kazanca dönüştürüyor; kazancı tekrar malzemeye yatırıyordum.
İlk standımı geçen sene Bursa'da açtım. O gün tek niyetim kendimi tanıtmakken muazzam bir ilgiyle karşılaştım. 

Bu işe başlamadan önce profesyonel olarak hazır giyimi biliyor olmayı çok isterdim. Çünkü saç aksesuarlarına çocuk giyimi de dahil ederek girişimimi büyütme gayretindeyim. 
Bir hayalim var: Ya yine yetimler yararına olacak bir standa ürün yapacağım ya da gelirimin belli bir kısmını bağışlayacağım. Planlarımın içinde sanırım bana en çok kârı olacak şey bu. Yetim duası almak, dua almaya sebep olmak... Kendi işini yapmak isteyenler hanımlarımıza tavsiyem: sevdiğiniz ve yapabileceğinize inandığınız işi yapmaktan asla çekinmeyin. Hiç kimse, hatta eşiniz bile size inanmasa (benim eşim inanmamıştı:)) yolunuza devam edin. Girişimcilikte ilk hedef para kazanmaktan önce işinizi ispatlamaktan geçer.

1.5 sene boyunca tek başıma çalışıp uyumadığım günler geçirdim ama değdi. Bir mekanda bulunduğumda ya da gelen bir mesajda emeğimin karşılığını manevi olarak almak büyük bir mutluluk ve gurur hissettiriyor. En önemlisi de kazandığım güven duygusu. Bu paha biçilmez bir değer benim için.”

-Zeynep Tunç, Minminik Dükkan'ın kurucusu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suna Tufan, Founder of Sahhane Restaurants

“I was born in Konya, Turkey in 1976. I studied Business and Theology at university. After graduation, I worked in different companies, both Turkish and international. When I had my children I stopped working and I devoted myself to raising them. In 2007, I started my first business, Şahhane Restaurant in Ankara. One of the biggest motives behind starting the restaurant is the fact that I wanted a non-alcoholic place for conservative people where they could have a good time with their family accompanied with live music. I personally thought there was a need for such a place, after a while we had to change our concept since the demand was low. Now we're serving in a hall where people hold ceremonies like weddings and graduations. After becoming successful, we opened another branch again in Ankara. In addition to my restaurants, I'm also managing a gas station which was left to me from my dad. I wasn't wearing the hijab before 2007, that’s the same year I turned back t

Sümeyra Teymur, Founder of QRAS

“My name is Sümeyra Teymur. I graduated from Ankara University with a degree in Theology. I then did my masters at Marmara University and my PhD at İstanbul University. When I finished with school, I continued working in the digital publishing sector, where I was working at, part-time, as a student. I worked in different positions on Haberler.com. Now, I'm the CEO. I also started a textile brand called QRAS. We produce dresses for women who love social life and take an active role in it. We're selling in both domestic and international markets. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always had something to do, I keep myself busy. I love working and constantly improving myself. I’ve attended various seminars and conferences in different countries. The reason I tell you this, is because my entrepreneurship journey began while I was doing all these things. Learning, seeing, and improving myself. I’ve been working in the digital publishing sector for 12 years now. You have to know a

Rümeysa Memiş, Founder of Rehrev

"My name is Rümeysa. I majored in Industrial Design and I’m now doing my Masters in History of Art. I was an exchange student in South Korea and this opportunity, strangely enough, got me interested in Turkish arts and crafts. I started to think about designs based around the Turkish culture. I felt as though there was an absence of cultural topics in my design education, this was what led me to design stuff at home. I fell in love with Turkish embroidery and saw the richness of our culture. That’s how I created Rehrev. I took an embroidery course over a year. I did as much research as I could to come up with different designs. I then applied to an institution for entrepreneurs, and presented my business idea, fortunately I got accepted. After that I started to produce my hand bands. My studio is still new and I've a lot more to learn. Since I work alone, I'm having a hard time taking care of every aspect of my business. I believe in my initiative and know that every